Writing

 


Writing isn’t for everyone, but I have enjoyed doing it since I was eight when I sat down and decided to write my first short story. My first stories were about ‘Star Wars’, then ‘G.I.JOE’  and moving to ‘The Garbage Pail kids’, these would be what we call fanfiction now adays. Besides loving history, I always enjoyed English classes as well especially when we had to write poetry, stories or even book reports. For the longest time I had kept writing as a hobby and getting maybe one manuscript typed up and turned into a book occasionally. It was and is still enjoyable even though its not really a hobby anymore, but a way or life. 

When I commuted to work back in the day, I rode the buses and trains, I always had pens , paper and my laptop and would write on my commute. It was a great way of not having the commuter blues, I always kept busy and had gotten a lot of writing done. People always looked at what I was doing using notebooks and fountain pens to do my writing and asked why I just don’t use my laptop. I always would tell them that I liked writing this way and then I would type it up on my laptop after I was done. This way I have over forty manuscripts written up and a handful more typed up and I am always working on more.

I am a published author with over fifteen books published which right now Include a fiction novel, many non-fiction books, four poetry books, an adventure for D&D 5E, and even a stage play. Around 2013 I decided to go back to school and change careers after working shortly on a quick certificate on Family Studies, I stayed and decided to go and get a master’s in creative and Professional Writing with a minor in Journalism. While I was in school, I worked on the school’s newspaper as well as working for the Local community newspaper, so I got a lot of writing done in a short span of time. I enjoyed being a journalist and continue doing it as a freelance writer now.

The one thing people ask me is what do I prefer to write more, my personally I enjoy writing fiction over non-fiction, and it doesn’t matter what genre I have written manuscripts in Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, even Political and Reference books as well. The adventure that I wrote for D&D 5E was a Murder Mystery adventure that my gaming group liked a lot and keep asking me to write another one for their characters.

My Stage play was done once so far by a community theatre in Oregon, and that was cool and got good reviews by that community. At the moment beside working on my blogs, I am finishing typing up a collection of short stories that I am hoping to be done at some point in time.  If you would like to checkout my published books or my Freelance section of my website, check out the link. And again, comments are always welcomed and encouraged. And Thanks

https://kingleoncouer.wixsite.com/published-works

https://kingleoncouer.wixsite.com/dragonmaster/freelance-writing-service

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renaissance Faire Interesting Information

Gardnerian Wicca

Wedding Photography Pt 2