Fountain Pens

 



The art of writing with a fountain pen has become a lost art to most people, but it’s the best way to write in my opinion. I have always loved fountain pens they have a smoother flow of writing and they look more classic when you sign your name on something.

There is nothing better than using a fountain pen in all your writing activities. I got my first fountain at the age of twelve, even though I don’t own it anymore (wish I did, it was given to me by my pop-pop.). This is when the love of fountain pens began, there was a short time when I didn’t use fountain pens, for one reason or another, but that changed about a year later when I walked into a paper store and saw all the different fountain pens and quills, which I also love to use. Now my fountain pen collection has grown significantly over sixty pens of all types. The pens are from many different makers, some have been given to me by friends who happen to find a fountain pen in their house or cleaning up their family homes.

I even have had one specifically made for me by a friend who makes pens, the pen he made for me was made from 25,000-year-old wood from Wales and has a brass dragon as the pocket clip. It is beautiful and you can see it on my website under hobbies .

I have found fountain pens Amazon, eBay, Etsy and most if not all writing stores. I prefer the preloaded ink cartridges to the ones you fill with bottles of ink. I do have many bottles of ink in many different colours that I can use with my quills, and sometimes I will use the empty cartridges. Ink and pens are much better than a ballpoint pens, a ball point dries out you usually throw them away. A fountain pen you clean the nib after every four changes and put a new cartridge in and you’re ready to go.

Fountain Pen Enthusiast have formed societies and companies to spread the knowledge of fountain pens. There is even a Company that will send out a monthly subscription box, this company is called Truphae and the box is called Ink-redible. They have three levels of boxes a 25.00, 75.00 and 150.00. You will usually get a pen and a bottle of ink, the higher up boxes you’ll get two pens and a journal. It is a really good box to get even if you only get one once in a while.

Since I have been using fountain pens, I haven’t used a ballpoint pen since I got back into using fountain pens except for gaming where I use the Fuzion Gel Erasable pens for my characters and notes.  I have to admit that I don’t like using regular style pens anymore, I never go anywhere with out at least one fountain pen in a pocket. Even the disposable fountain pens are great to use, and there are many companies that make a disposable one.

One of the last things I want to mention is that I also use wax stamps, which go along with quills and fountain pens. If you have ever got a letter written by me in the post, you would have noticed the wax seal on the flap of the envelope. I like wax stamps with sealing wax. At the moment I have eight wax stamps all with different marks on them, the one I use for myself is that of a dragon that kind of matches my dragon fountain pen.

If you have never used one, I suggest trying it and may I suggest get a good middle price range one to start out with. And I am sure that you would like it and want to invest into getting more and talking amongst other people about the fountain pens and you will never go back to using regular pens.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renaissance Faire Interesting Information

Gardnerian Wicca

Wedding Photography Pt 2